Siemens SITRANS Probe LU is a two-wire, loop-powered integrated ultrasonic level transmitter that includes automatic false-echo suppression, Milltronics' patented Sonic Intelligence echo processing, with digital communications and programming options in a single unit. The Probe LU is ideal for level monitoring in the water and wastewater industry and chemical storage vessels, and can reliably monitor level, volume, and flow of liquids in open channels, storage vessels, and process vessels.
The transducer on the Probe LU is available as ETFE or PVDF to suit the chemical conditions of your application. To compensate for temperature changes in applications with varying material and process temperatures, the Probe LU incorporates an internal temperature sensor. It comes with two communications options: HART® with 4-20 mA output or PROFIBUS PA (Profile v3.0, Class B).
- Continuous Liquid Level Measurement at 20- or 40-Foot (6 or 12 Meter) Range
- ETFE or PVDF Wetted Parts for Chemical Compatibility
- Patented Self-Learning Algorithm Ignores False Echoes from Fixed Obstructions
- Programming using Intrinsically Safe Infrared Handheld Programmer, SIMATIC PDM, or HART communicator
- Short 10-Inch (0.25m) Blanking Distance, Even at Long Ranges
- Performs Level-to-Volume or Level-to-Flow Conversions
- CSA, FM, CE Approvals Standard; ATEX, CSA, FM Intrinsically Safe, Non-Incendive Approvals Optional