Siemens' SITRANS LU150 and LU180 are short-range integrated ultrasonic level transmitters for use with liquids, slurries, and bulk materials in open or closed short-depth vessels (from 0.8 to 16.4 feet). These two-wire, 4 to 20 mA loop powered transmitters feature an integrated ultrasonic transducer in PVDF copolymer, making them suitable for a variety of applications. The general purpose SITRANS LU150 is an ideal replacement for the Milltronics Probe with 4-20 mA output. The SITRANS LU180 has the same functionality as the LU150 plus intrinsically safe approval (CE cCSAus, ATEX, FM, CSA, IECEx, and NEPSI) for use in harsh environments.
Both SITRANS LU150 and LU180 include patented Sonic Intelligence echo processing algorithms to discriminate between the true echo and false echoes from acoustic or electrical noises and agitator blades in motion. The ultrasonic pulse propagation time to the material and back is temperature-compensated and converted into distance for display and analog output.
If you need HART communications, see the Siemens SITRANS Probe LU240.
- For liquids, slurries, and bulk materials in open or closed tanks
- Two-wire loop powered, 4-20 mA output
- Siemens Process Intelligence signal processing and Auto False Echo Suppression for fixed obstruction avoidance
- Internal temperature sensor compensates for fluctuating temperatures
- Programming using simple pushbutton interface under the unit's cover
- Display under the transmitter's cover shows process value, units, operation status, fault, and program mode
- IP68/NEMA 6/Type 6 PBT plastic enclosure with integral PVDF transducer for chemical compatibility
- 2" NPT process connection standard, 4" Tri-clamp optional, one 1/2" NPT stainless steel electrical connection
- Approvals: LU150 general purpose model: CE CSA; LU180 intrinsically safe model: ATEX, CSA, FM, IECEx, NEPSI
- A common commercial tradename for PVDF is Kynar