Siemens SITRANS LUT400 series controllers are compact, single point, long-range ultrasonic controllers for continuous level, or volume measurement of liquids, slurries, and solids, and high accuracy monitoring of open channel flow. Key applications include wet wells, reservoirs, flumes and weirs, hoppers, crusher bins, or storage for chemicals, liquids or dry solids. They feature an easy-to-use local interface with four-button programming, menu-driven parameters, and wizard support for key applications.
SITRANS LUT400 comes in three different models, depending on the functionality you need: SITRANS LUT420 level controller for level or volume measurement of liquids, slurries, and solids, as well as basic pump control functions, including service ratio pump routine and discrete input pump interlocks, a 9 digit totalizer, and basic data logging capability. SITRANS LUT430 level, volume, pump and flow controller includes all features of the LUT420 plus a full suite of advanced pump control and alarm functionality, open channel flow monitoring, and basic flow data logging capability.
SITRANS LUT440 high accuracy OCM is the highest accuracy Open Channel Flow model, and replaces the retired Milltronics OCM-III open channel flow monitor when used with the XRS-5 Echomax level sensor and the TS-3 temperature sensor. It includes all features of the LUT430, plus the industry’s best accuracy (± 1 mm within 3 m), full suite of advanced control functionality, and enhanced flow logging capability including daily summary of min/max, average flow rates and total. It is MCERTS-certified for open channel flow applications.
- HART + 4/20 mA + three relay outputs standard. The 4-20mA output is conveniently field wired as either a passive loop-power output or an active (powered) output
- Compatible with Siemens Echomax transducers ST-H, XPS-10, XPS-15/15F, and XRS-5; Add optional submergence shield for protection and to sense flooding or overfill conditions
- Local display and user interface with four-button programming and English prompts — no more codes to remember, no handheld programmer needed
- Siemens' patented Sonic Intelligence evaluates and adjusts for noise levels, echo strength, and changing process conditions
- Removable terminal connections make it easy to wire and install
- LUT440 replaces the retired Milltronics OCM III for open channel flow applications
- 1/2 DIN IP65/NEMA 4X polycarbonate enclosure with universal mounting bracket for wall, pipe, and DIN rail standard; panel mount kit optional
- CSA, CE, FM, UL listed for general purpose use, CSA Class I, Div 2, Groups A-D, Class II, Div 2, Groups F-G, Class III non-incendive for hazardous environments
- Optional TS3 external temperature sensor used for high accuracy temperature compensation measurements in open channel flow applications